Community Networking Tool

Write a Review


NHT available for Jamaicans Living Overseas

Yes, Jamaican living overseas can contribute and borrow from NHT.

To become an Overseas Voluntary Contributor (you must be a permanent resident or a citizen of that country), you must first register with the NHT.  To register, you must complete the “Voluntary Contributor’s Application Form” (correction fluid should NOT be used on the Form). Please note that, holders of work permit are not considered overseas voluntary contributors and should file their returns (SO4 & SO4A) at Tax Administration Jamaica (TAJ) as their domicile address is in Jamaica. Pensioners who desire to contribute to the NHT are allowed to register as Voluntary contributors.

To qualify for loans, Voluntary Contributors must have paid 104 weeks (2 years) of contributions, of which 52 weeks (1 year) must be paid in the period leading up to the date of application.  Click here for more information on making contribution payments.

Voluntary Contributors may apply for contributions refunds, which will be paid directly to the Contributor in Jamaican Dollars.

Payments can be made in any one of several convenient ways:

  • Salary deduction (facilitated by your employer)
  • Online payments via our website
  • Over-the-counter payments at any commercial bank or at our Branch offices (cash payments can only be made at our Branch Offices and not at our Service Centres)
  • Cheque, credit or debit card at NHT Branch Offices and Service Centres
  • Standing order (at your bank or credit union)
  • Internet banking at Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS), Sagicor Bank, JN Bank Limited, National Commercial Bank (NCB) and Bill Express.
  • Telephone Banking outlets (using NCB Midas or Telescotia).

Click here to be taken to the NHT website for more information.



10 responses to “NHT available for Jamaicans Living Overseas”

  1. Great content! Super high-quality! Keep it up! 🙂

  2. sam says:

    Great content! Super high-quality! Keep it up! 🙂

  3. jaycooper says:

    Thank you for this helpful information. Keep it up! tree service contractor

  4. 11278@@ says:

    Thank you so much for sharing information NHT. Great and valuable content.
    how to get rid of hiccups

  5. Echt Coupons says:

    Great content! Keep up the good work!

  6. ​Really I appreciate the effort you made to share the knowledge. The topic here I found was really effective to the topic which I was researching for a long time.
    play solitaire

  7. Thanks for sharing this information

  8. Great. This is insightful

  9. This is great news. Lots of Jamaicans abroad would be elated as this would help in several ways especially financially. Nicely done, thanks for sharing this.

  10. retro bowl says:

    That’s so insightful!

Leave a Reply